Black Friday and Cyber Monday gave way to massive surges of cold air rushing through the country, including in our own home base of Zumbrota, MN. For me personally, the Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales extravaganza we held at WaterFilters.NET gave way to my family receiving perhaps the most incredible gift of all, as our son Jarvis James Yanke was born this past Wednesday.
In the past, I’ve written about some great ways to keep expectant mothers hydrated throughout their pregnancy. With my status as a new father, and with respect to the holiday season, I’d like to one-up my previous post and share five perfect gifts for keeping the new moms, new dads – and of course, newborns – on your shopping list hydrated throughout this amazing time in their lives.
(For readers on the east coast, each of the products below will be given away in a custom prize package we donated as part of our sponsorship of the New Hampshire Mama Baby Expo, being held tomorrow – Sunday, December 8th – in Concord, NH.)
1. Brita Filtered Water Bottles – new babies mean always being on the go (even in your own home) – while everyday tasks from the old and mundane (ie managing phone calls) to the new and rewarding (ie breastfeeding) can quickly drain the liquids from your body.
These filtered water bottles from Brita keep everyone hydrated while they adjust to new schedules. Plus a two-pack ensures the clean drinking water keeps coming for mom and dad!
2. Instapure Faucet Filter – a faucet filter is a perfect way to ensure new parents always have the cleanest water pouring from their sink, whether they are serving drinking water to one of the many guests they are sure to receive, taking a quick H2O break, or – as is common – giving their newborn the first of many kitchen sink baths. Speaking of…
3. Sprite Hand-Held Baby Shower Filter – from dirt and odors common in well water, to chlorine common in municipal water, there is no shortage of contaminants that can dry out or irritate a newborn baby’s skin during his or her first few baths.
The Sprite Hand-Held Baby Shower Filter attaches to shower arms – or kitchen faucets! – to ensure babies are only bathed in the cleanest water.
4. Sprite Dechlorinating Bath Salts – these salts from Sprite transform a bath into perhaps the most relaxing and gentle experience imaginable. As a new parent, I cannot tell you how welcome this would be at the end of any given day!
5. Rainshow’r Bath Water Filter Ball – sometimes, baby will just hop in the bath with mom or dad. And sometimes, mom or dad just may need a peaceful bath to catch their breath!
The Rainshow’r Bath Water Filter Ball ensures bath water is clean and dechlorinated – providing for a gentle bath for all.
As I’ve been a new parent for less than a week, I’d welcome any other gift ideas to add to this list. Please feel free to share via a comment below.
I invite you to subscribe to this blog or our YouTube channel, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on all the latest drinking water news and hydration tips. I also invite you to +1 us on Google+ to be the first to learn about exclusive deals and new products.
If you are a veteran, currently serving in the Armed Forces, or are buying a gift for a veteran or soldier, use the discount code ‘VETERAN’ at checkout to take 10% off your entire order!